This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Primrose Cottage
Primrose Cottage, is situated in arguably the prettiest hamlet in Suffolk, Kersey. The hamlet is divided by a ford, known as “The Splash” the cottage is situated on Church Hill, Church Hill is a relatively steep hill and Primrose Cottage is situated halfway up the hill.
The cottage sleeps two people and has one bedroom with an en-suite bathroom.
Built circa 1650 the cottage retains its original charm but has been refurbished to ensure guests will enjoy the benefits of modern day facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 07809 673375 or email email@example.com.
- We will email full details and maps of how to reach us a minimum of 7 days prior to your arrival, details are also available on our website.
- The nearest train station is Sudbury (7.9m), advance booking of taxis is essential. Local operators include Sudbury Town 01787 377366, ABA 01787 377333 or Fox 01787 376385.
- Ipswich is the nearest major train station (9.7m) advance booking for taxis is not usually required, local operators include Avenue 01473 407777 and Hawk 01473 222222 .
- The nearest coach station is Ipswich, this is served by a taxi rank and cab office, local operators include Avenue 01473 407777 and Hawk 01473 222222.
- Upon arrival at Church Hill there is no pavement outside the cottage, entrance to the cottage is directly from the street.
- The nearest Shopmobility is 11.9 miles – Ipswich Shopmobility, Buttermarket Shopping Centre, Lower Ground (Car Park Level), St Stephens Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 1DT.
- Grocery shopping can be ordered on line and delivered to the door by Sainsburys http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- On your day of arrival you will be met at the cottage at your specified time of arrival. You will be given the keys to the cottage (front door and back door).
- Parking is available for 1 car in a designated space at the rear of the cottage. Street parking is also available.
- The parking area has a gravel surface, the courtyard garden also has a gravel surface. There is one small step from the car park space to the garden.
- The area is lit by an external light above the back door (switch in kitchen).
Entrance to Property
- Entrance is either through the front or back door.
- The back door is 760mm wide
- The front door is 780mm wide
- The floor inside the rear entrance is stone tiles
- The floor inside the front entrance is short pile carpet.
- Each entrance is lit by an external light, switches are inside the cottage.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The stairs are accessed from the kitchen and lead directly to the bedroom, they are well lit with a wall light.
- Stairway is 730mm wide.
- The floor covering to the stairs is short pile carpet.
- The staircase has 10 steps and is quite steep due to the nature of the cottage. There are two handrails and one handle at the bottom of the stairs.
- The lounge is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the street or kitchen.
- The door opening to the lounge is 800mm wide.
- The room has a sofa with non-feather cushions.
- Furniture can be moved.
- There is a small television with remote control, subtitles, and a DVD player.
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night levels are controlled by dimmer switches, with overhead lighting used as well as table lamps around the room.
- The carpet is short pile with a large rug.
- The dining area is situated on the ground floor within the lounge it has level entry from both the street and kitchen.
- The door openings to the dining room from both the hallway and the kitchen are 800mm wide.
- The dining table (moveable side to side) has legs on each corner, 700mm from floor to lowest point of table (underspace) and is 760mm high.
- There is free space around the table.
- Chairs (all moveable) – 2 chairs with seat cushions that have arms.
- Lighting is natural daylight with wall lighting and table
- The carpet is short pile with a large rug.
- The kitchen is situated on the ground floor with step free, level access from the lounge and a small step from the kitchen.
- The door openings to the kitchen from both the hallway and the dining room are 800mm wide.
- The door of the oven drops down and the handle is 750mm above the floor. The hob is 920mm above the floor.
- Worktop and sink are 920mm above the floor.
- Fridge freezer available, highest shelf in fridge 870mm/34.25ins and lowest drawer in freezer 950mm/37.4ins.
- Glasses and crockery are stored at 1900mm height
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- The bathroom has step free, level access from the bedroom to the bathroom
- Door opening is 650mm wide.
- There is a small step into the shower 240mm.
- Toilet 410mm high.
- Wash basin 860mm high.
- There is natural lighting and overhead lighting.
- The floor is tiled.
- There is a non-slip mat available for the shower.
- We have a gravel patio area which can be accessed from the kitchen by one small step.
- Wooden table & chairs and a BBQ are available on the patio.
- The garden area is 5m long and 4m wide with a stepped flower bed.
- Trained assistance dogs are welcome.
- The mobile phone reception can be poor.
- Wi-fi is available.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is 9 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 3 mile away. Further information is in the welcome folder.
- There is also a list of nearby attractions and details of their Access Statements for information, where available.
- We are planning a review of our website next year to make it more accessible, your comments are welcome to assist us with this project.
- Our website will feature a virtual tour of Primrose Cottage
- We will be joining the National Accessible Scheme to gain a rating for those people with limited mobility and hearing and visual impairments.
|Address (Inc postcode):||Primrose Cottage, Church Hill, Kersey, Suffolk, IP7 6EF.|